Please read these FAQs before contacting us.
You’ll find answers to most frequently asked questions regarding:
- Custom Canvas Works
- The Commission Process
- Payments and Shipping
- Why Are Downpayments Non-Refundable?
- Canvas Care, Dyed Silk Care, Painted Bowl Care, Painted Purse Care
CUSTOM CANVAS WORKS: PET PORTRAITS
A pet portrait is one of the most unique and special gifts you can give, especially as a memorial for a beloved pet who has crossed the Rainbow Bridge. My animal paintings have included mammoths, dogs, cats, llamas, monkeys, buffalo, parrots, flamingos, manatee, sea turtles, whales, betta fish, koi, and dolphins! I love ALL creatures!
SINGLE subject, simple background: 18 x 24: $225, free shipping! Additional subject: $75. Let’s discuss your project. I can usually work within your budget.
THE COMMISSION PROCESS
Great communication is the key to a successful client/artist relationship! With all terms written down, there are no questions about the final product and no issues during the process. Commissioned works are NOT returnable, due to their personal nature.
- I request information from you regarding design, colors, size, and style so that I can create a price quote. For MURALS, there is a $100 non-refundable art fee for sketches. This will be deducted from your final total when the project is completed. Pet portraits and small paint projects do not incur this fee.2. I need multiple GOOD reference photos (LARGE, CLEAR, COLORFUL) that show the personality of the subject. Scans should be at least 150 – 200 dpi. The more photos, the better!3. I send a quote (scope, fees, timetable) to you. We make adjustments, if necessary.4. You accept/sign the quote, paying 50% down (non-refundable) before work begins. Work is not put on the schedule until downpayment clears.
5. Project is completed. You are sent photos for approval.
6. You give final approval (or we can make two minor adjustments to the work). Major changes, or more than two changes, will incur a $75 hourly change order fee. No one has ever incurred this fee due to my thorough pre-job communication.
7. You send final payment + shipping. No work is released until final payment CLEARS.
8. We pack/ship your art via USPS, Priority, Insured, and send you a tracking number.
9. You receive your art, and enjoy it for years! (See artwork care below.)
PAYMENTS: If you purchase directly from this site, we use PayPal, but you do NOT need a Paypal account to check out! We have been a verified merchant since 2001. We never see your card or bank information during the transaction. We can also invoice you, and you will have payment choices. Commissions require 50% down upon term acceptance, and final payment (+ SH) before work is released.
SHIPPING: Items purchased from EDA or our Etsy shop can only be shipped to U.S. addresses!
We ship Priority USPS, insured, with tracking, generally within 24 business hours of your order. Priority mail usually takes 2 – 3 days, depending on your distance from our location in Danville, VA.
NOTE: If there is damage to your package when it arrives, make note of damage with the carrier, take photos before opening the package, take photos of any item damage after opening the package, and keep all packing materials in order to make a claim.
Down Payments: Why are they non-refundable?
By the time you’ve made your down payment on the project, I’ve invested many hours on sketches, communication, research, material prep. Imagine that you worked a week on a project for your boss, and then he halts the project before completion. He still pays you for the time you worked, right? Thank you for understanding that my time is just as valuable as yours.
I changed my mind! I don’t want it!
Due to the personal nature of commissioned works, we do NOT offer refunds or returns on custom or commissioned pieces.
Our works are acrylic on canvas, sealed with clear coat. Dust with a slightly damp cloth, water only. Do not hang paintings in direct sunlight, as this may cause some fading over the years. Do not put glass over a painting without spacers – keep glass off canvas or paper.
Painted Bowl Care
Wipe painted bowls with a damp cloth; do not put in dishwasher. Bowls are not food safe.
Dyed Silk Care
Hand wash, cold water, line dry, or steam iron while damp (keep iron moving – don’t scorch the silk!). If you see some color in the wash water, it is only excess dye that didn’t rinse out in our final wash. Your silk is NOT fading.
Painted Purse Care
Wipe purse with damp cloth; use a bit of gentle soap if needed. Do not scrub painted areas! The paint is the same paint used to pinstripe cars/motorcycles, and is very durable, but can be scratched or worn with heavy use.
CONTACT US via Email
dawn (at) eclecticdawnarts (dot) com (We type it that way to confuse spambots!)
We are located in Danville, VA, but we send commissioned pieces all over the United States, so jot us a note and let us know what sort of project you have in mind!
A Note from Dawn regarding phone calls:
Thank you for understanding that email is the preferred method of contact. Why?
So we’ll both have a written record of what was discussed. That way, there will be absolutely no misunderstandings during our communications.
My clients are provided with multiple way to contact me, including email, text, and phone.