Please read these FAQs before contacting us (our contact info is at the bottom of this page). You’ll find answers to the majority of your questions here on this page.
- Custom Canvas Works
- The Commission Process
- Payments and Shipping
- Why Are Downpayments Non-Refundable?
- Canvas Care, Dyed Silk Care, Painted Bowl Care, Painted Purse Care
CUSTOM CANVAS WORKS: PET PORTRAITS
A pet portrait is one of the most unique and special gifts you can give. My “pet” portraits have included mammoths, dogs, cats, llamas, monkeys, buffalo, flamingos, and dolphins!
SINGLE subject: 18 x 24: $225, free shipping! Additional subject: $75
THE COMMISSION PROCESS
Great communication is the key to a successful client/artist relationship, and with all terms written out, there will be no questions about the final product and no issues during the process. Commissioned works are NOT returnable, due to their personal nature.
- I request info regarding design, colors, size, and style in order to create a price quote. For MURALS, there is a $100 non-refundable art fee for sketches. This will be deducted from your final total when the project is completed. Small projects do not incur this fee.
2. I need multiple GOOD reference photos (large, clear, colorful) that show the personality of the subject. Scans should be at least 150 – 200 dpi.
3. I send quote (scope, fees, timetable) to you. We make adjustments, if necessary.
4. You sign quote, paying 50% down (non-refundable) before work begins. Work is not put on the schedule until payments clear.
5. Project is completed. You are sent photos for approval.
6. You give final approval (or we can make two MINOR adjustments to the work). MAJOR changes, or more than three changes, will incur $75 hourly change order fee. NO ONE has ever incurred this fee due to PRE-job communication! 🙂
7. You send final payment. No work is released until final payment CLEARS.
8. We pack/ship your art via USPS, and send you a tracking number.
9. You receive your art, and enjoy it for years!
If you purchase directly from this site, we use PayPal, but you do NOT need a Paypal account to check out! We have been a verified merchant since 2001. We never see your card or bank information during the transaction. We can also invoice you, and you will have payment choices. Commissions require 50% down upon term acceptance, and final payment (+ SH) before work is released.
Items purchased from THIS site or from our Etsy shop can only be shipped to U.S. addresses! Our off-site zazzle shop ships our pre-printed items all over the world, with just a few exceptions.
We ship Priority USPS, insured, with tracking, generally within 24 business hours of your order. Priority mail then usually takes 2 – 3 days, depending on your distance from our location in Danville, VA.
**If there is damage to your package when it arrives, make note of damage with the carrier, take photos before opening the package, take photos of any item damage after opening the package, and keep all packing materials in order to make a claim.
WHY ARE DOWN PAYMENTS NON-REFUNDABLE?
By the time you’ve made your down payment on the project, I’ve invested many hours on sketches, communication, research, material prep. Imagine that you worked a week on a project for your boss, and then he halts the project before completion. He still pays you for the time you worked, right? Thank you for understanding that my time is just as valuable as yours.
I CHANGED MY MIND – I DON’T WANT IT!
Due to the personal nature of commissioned works, we do NOT offer refunds/returns on those pieces.
Our works are acrylic on canvas, sealed with clear coat. Dust with a slightly damp cloth, water only. Do not hang painting in direct sunlight, as this may cause some fading over the years. Do not put glass over a painting without spacers – keep glass off the painting.
PAINTED BOWL CARE
Wipe painted bowls with a damp cloth; do not put in dishwasher. Bowls are not food safe.
DYED SILKS CARE
Hand wash, cold water, line dry, or steam iron while damp (keep iron moving – don’t scorch the silk!). If you see some color in the wash water, it is just excess dye that didn’t rinse out in our final wash. Your silk is NOT fading.
PAINTED PURSE CARE
Wipe purse with damp cloth; use a bit of gentle soap if needed. Do not scrub painted areas! The paint is the same paint used to pinstripe cars/motorcycles, and is very durable, but can be scratched or worn with heavy use.
CONTACT US via EMAIL
Dawn (at) eclecticdawnarts (dot) com (We type it that way to confuse spambots!)
We are located in Danville, VA, but we send commissioned pieces all over the United States.
Jot a note and let us know what sort of project you have in mind!
PHONE CALLS – A Note from Dawn
I am a one-person operation, so in order to prevent multiple interruptions during my work day, I only give out my phone number after initial email contact with clients. Thank you for understand that email is always the preferred method of contact so I can concentrate on my work, and with email, we’ll both have a written record of what was discussed.